The IAVM Leadership Development Committee is seeking candidates who are well-versed in all areas of venue management, invested in their own professional growth and the growth of others, are dedicated to the advancement of the venue industry as a whole and have the demonstrated ability to lead the Association.
The application process and criteria are available here. The deadline to submit your application to Rosanne Duke, Director of Governance/Operations, is December 31, 2018.
- Must have attained CVE designation and maintain the designation throughout the term of office;
- Must be a dues-paying (either Individual or Group Membership), Professional Member of IAVM and remain as such throughout the term of office;
- Must have previously served at least one full term on the IAVM Board of Directors;
- Must have served at least one full year as Chair of:
- an IAVM Committee,
- the Board of Regents,
- the Board of Governors, or
- the IAVM Foundation Board of Trustees;
- Must have served on any combination of at least 3 of the following:
- IAVM Committees,
- Board of Regents,
- Board of Governors, or
- Board of Trustees;
- Must have been employed in one of the 2 top positions in a venue for at least 10 years;
- Must have completed at least 1 of the following IAVM school programs:
- Venue Management School
- Graduate Institute
- Senior Executive Symposium
- Academy for Venue Safety & Security
- Must have attended VenueConnect at least 3 times, and any combination of at least 3 other programs (from the list below) in the previous 6 years:
- Additional years at VenueConnect;
- Other IAVM school programs;
- Sector Conferences
- Region Meetings
- Chapter Meetings
The nomination process is Member-initiated. The web site directs the interested members to review the criteria and utilize the online self-assessment tool to help determine their individual eligibility as a candidate for senior officer, and to ultimately submit an application form should they wish to be considered as a candidate.
The application and supporting documentation is due by December 31, 2018.