The IAVM Leadership Development Committee is seeking candidates who are well-versed in all areas of venue management, invested in their own professional growth and the growth of others, are dedicated to the advancement of the venue industry as a whole and have the demonstrated ability to lead the Association.
The application process and criteria are available here. The time frame to submit your application to Rosanne Duke, Director of Governance/Operations, begins September 11, 2019 and ends November 1, 2019.
- Must have attained CVE designation and maintain the designation throughout the term of office;
- Must be a dues-paying (either Individual or Group Membership) , Professional Member of IAVM and remain as such throughout the term of office;
- Must have previously served at least one full term on the IAVM Board of Directors;
- Must have served at least one full year as Chair of:
- an IAVM Committee,
- the Board of Regents,
- the Board of Governors, or
- the IAVM Foundation Board of Trustees;
- Must have served on at least 3 of the following in any combination (each Committee service counts as one):
- IAVM Committees,
- Board of Regents,
- Board of Governors, or
- Board of Trustees;
- Must have been employed in one of the 2 top positions in a venue for at least 10 years;
- Must have completed at least 1 of the following IAVM school programs:
- Venue Management School
- Graduate Institute
- Senior Executive Symposium
- Academy for Venue Safety & Security
- Must have attended VenueConnect at least 3 times, and any combination of at least 3 other programs (from the list below) in the previous 6 years:
- Additional years at VenueConnect;
- Other IAVM educational programs; (GuestX, Operations Summit)
- Sector Conferences (AMC, ICCC, PAMC, ISMC, UVMC)
- Region Meetings
- Chapter Meetings
The nomination process is Member-initiated. The web site directs the interested members to review the criteria and utilize the online self-assessment tool to help determine their individual eligibility as a candidate for senior officer, and to ultimately submit an application form should they wish to be considered as a candidate.
The application and supporting documentation is due by November 1, 2019.