Deadline to submit nominations for the 2017 Charles A. McElravy Award is Nov. 30, 2016.
The Charles A. McElravy Award may be awarded annually to an IAVM Professional, Honorary, or Retired member who, in the opinion of the IAVM Board of Directors, has made the greatest lifetime achievement to the welfare of IAVM or profession.
The following criteria are established for the McElravy Award nominees:
- The nominee must have been an IAVM Professional, Honorary, or Retired member in good standing for at least 15 years total (though not necessarily consecutively).
- The nominee needs to meet the minimum service to IAVM requirements for Honorary Membership, but is not required to be retired. The following criteria must be met for a member to be eligible for consideration for Honorary Membership: 1) Attendance at no fewer than 10 Annual Conferences (VenueConnect) during the past 15 years; 2) Attendance at no fewer than five Region Meetings during the past 15 years; 3) Service as chair of at least three international or two Region committees during the past 15 years; 4) Service as: Director of IAVM or officer in a Region at least once during the member’s tenure with IAVM or b) Program chair for an IAVM venue-specific or specialty meeting during the member’s tenure with IAVM or c) Member of Board of Regents, Board of Trustees, or Board of Governors during member’s tenure with IAVM.
- Any member in good standing may make a nomination, which must provide, in writing, a minimum of three examples of the nominee’s outstanding contributions to IAVM and/or the industry (for example: leadership, accomplishments, professional service/activities, projects/results).
- At least three letters of recommendation must accompany the nomination letter.
- No IAVM Chairman of the Board (or past president) is eligible for consideration until the third annual conference (VenueConnect) following his/her term of office.
- Previous recipients are ineligible (and may be found on our website under Legacy of Leaders).
The nominations and letters of recommendation should be written to IAVM President and CEO Brad Mayne, CFE, and submitted to Rosanne Duke electronically. The nomination letter and all letters of recommendation must be received by close of business Nov. 30, 2016. If you have any questions, please contact Rosanne Duke at 972.538.1025.