“Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”—Margaret Mead
Are you ready for a new challenge? Are you committed to getting a short-term (or long-term) project completed? Then this is the Call for Volunteers that fits you. Here is the vision for the role you might play.
Role of Committee Members:
• Make a serious commitment to participate actively in the committee’s work, including substantive participation in committee meetings and discussions.
• Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
• Stay informed about committee matters, be prepared for meetings and review and comment on minutes and reports.
• Get to know other committee members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
• Act as a think tank and a team of “doers.”
• Share the credit. Thank all that were involved in the success of the committee.
IAVM has recently evolved to a Coherent Governance model, with the energy of the IAVM Board of Directors focused on oversight and setting strategic goals based on the wants and needs of our members. Day-to-day operations of the association is performed by the staff management team. As a result, our volunteer boards, committees, and task forces this year will be comprised of those ready to help fill a specific need as identified by the board or by management.
Here are the opportunities available, and the volunteer roles and responsibilities for each. To volunteer, please follow the link below (or click here) to complete the survey and tell us why you are a good fit for the role(s) you seek. You may indicate your interest in as many committees as you wish, so please make sure that you rank your choices with 1 being your highest preference. We will make every effort to place you within your top three rankings.
The deadline to respond to the Call for Volunteers is April 16, 2014. Appointments will be made in early May. Whether you are currently serving on a committee or are now ready to serve, please take a few minutes to complete the survey before the deadline.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
(Image: Orange Photography)