How To Clean And Disinfect Your Upholstered Seating
These tips will help you effectively clean banquet chair frames and upholstery without causing damage.
Most chair frames are steel and aluminum. Steel frames should be periodically wiped down with a light solution of soap and water or non-caustic cleaning agent to remove surface dirt and perspiration residue. If you use a cleaner, avoid ones that are abrasive as that can erode some finishes. Washing an aluminum frame is similar. Use a sponge or soft bristle brush and a solution of mild soap and water. Rinse with water and let dry. If you use a cleaner, avoid ones that are abrasive as that can erode some finishes.
Below is a list of cleaners that have been tested and approved for most types of upholstery. We recommend using a clean, damp cloth to wipe down the upholstery after using the cleaning application to remove any excess chemicals that might remain on the fabric.
- IAQ: Peroxide-based cleaner/stain remover
- Shockwave: Water-based quaternary cleaner with a lot of ammonia (very strong disinfectant)
- Recon: Alkaline-based and water-based product
- Benefect: Water-based and botanical-based organic product
- Microban: Water-based product that is another quaternary cleaner
- Greased Lightning: Degreaser
- Lysol wipes
- Diversey Morning Mist: Neutral disinfectant cleaner
- Oxivir Tb
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Greenworks All-Purpose Cleaner
- Purell Food Service Sanitizer
- Simple Green
We hope these tips are useful to you and your employees.
VP of Sales – MityLite Inc.