The Princeton Review recently released its ranking of the best schools where students fill their stadiums.
“We tallied the rankings lists in the current edition, The Best 381 Colleges (published August 2016), based on the data from our surveys of 143,000 students at the 381 schools in the book,” The Princeton Review wrote in its methodology statement. “Our student survey has 80 questions in four sections. We ask students about: 1) their school’s academics/administration, 2) life at their college, 3) their fellow students and 4) themselves. Students answer by selecting one of five answer choices that range across a grid or scale. The answer choice headers might range from ‘Strongly Agree’ to ‘Strongly Disagree’ or ‘Excellent’ to ‘Poor.'”
This year’s No. 1 school in the “Students Pack the Stadium” list is Syracuse University (SU) in New York.
“Otto’s Army, an organization which represents the student fan section of SU athletics, is proud to top the ranking for students who pack the stadiums,” Johnny Oliver, president of Otto’s Army, told The Daily Orange. “We look forward to improving our already great student support this academic year.”
Congratulations SU student body and to all the other schools who made the list.
- Syracuse University (Syracuse, New York)
- West Virginia University (Morgantown, West Virginia)
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, California)
- Gonzaga University (Spokane, Washington)
- Clemson University (Clemson, South Carolina)
- Pennsylvania State University – University Park (University Park, Pennsylvania)
- Kansas State University (Manhattan, Kansas)
- University of Oklahoma (Norman, Oklahoma)
- Auburn University (Auburn, Alabama)
- Xavier University (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- University of Kansas (Lawrence, Kansas)
- Marquette University (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- University of Iowa (Iowa City, Iowa)
- United States Air Force Academy (USAF Academy, Colorado)
- Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, Wisconsin)
- University of Arizona (Tucson, Arizona)
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- University of Connecticut (Storrs, Connecticut)
- University of Louisville (Louisville, Kentucky)
For some great tips on getting more students in the stands, please read “How to Increase Student Attendance at Games” by IAVM member Paige Grisham.
(Image: Kai Brinker/Creative Commons)