It’s the last week of
January (sorry, we mean December; we got way ahead of ourselves), and we, too, have the listicle bug. It’s that virus that infects all blogs and websites and forces them to post their top 10 stories of the year. So, instead of fighting it, we’re giving in and posting the blog posts that mattered to you. And by mattered, we mean the ones that received the most page views from Jan. 1 to Dec. 29, 2014.
1. International Stage Management Day is October 10
The day celebrates all the work that stage managers do.
2. 13 Traits of a Good Employee for Managers to Consider
Every Chipotle employee must have these characteristics before being hired. Does your venue have a similar list?
3. E-cigs, Venues, and Vaping Policies
The e-cig debate has created some great conversations about managing their use in venues.
4. Project Tango Plans to Make Your Venues More Awesome
Google’s new research project will help venues show off their potentials much more easily to clients.
5. Meet the World’s First LED Basketball Court
Nike built the court in a facility called the House of Mamba in Shanghai to help Kobe Bryant teach young basketball players his moves.
6. Ebola and the Venue Industry
IAVM is actively monitoring the impact of recent Ebola incidents.
7. Watch: Coca-Cola Excels at Improving the Guest Experience
Rival fans at San Siro Stadium in Milan were greeted with a unique vending experience that required them to send a bottle of Coca-Cola to an opposing fan.
8. Mystery Shopping at AT&T Stadium
Our mystery shopping mission was to roam the stadium and secretly observe the AT&T Stadium staff.
9. Are “Haters” Your Best Employees?
According to a new study published in Social Psychology, “haters” may be better employees because they spend time on fewer activities.
10. OK, Google Glass
The staff at the AT&T Performing Arts Center is incredibly excited to dive into the unknown world of wearable technology.
Thank you for reading, contributing to, and supporting the blog.